The Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC8704 embedded module offers quad-band HSPA+ data speeds (up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds) across all 3G/HSPA networks operating in Australia and New Zealand.
In addition the MC8704 offers support for voice, and integrated GPS (through support for Qualcomm’s gpsOne technology) allowing developers to design in one module for both high speed cellular and GPS.
The HSPA+ data speeds of the MC8705 allow developers to expand their applications into areas requiring higher bandwidth including video download, 3G broadband ethernet, and internet access.
The MC8704 replaces the MC8700 HSPA+ quad-band module. Advantages of the new module include support for voice, GPS and lower prices.
- HSPA+ with peak downlink speeds up to 21 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps>
- Support for GPS including, Standalone, Assisted and gpsOneXtra
- Uses Qualcomm’s MDM8200A chipset
- Replaces and updates MC8700 in a cost reduced package
- Includes support for voice