The Inmarsat 9502 BGAN M2M Terminal from Hughes is the world’s most cost-effective, all-IP BGAN M2M satellite terminal with exceptionally low power consumption.
The Hughes 9502 IP satellite terminal provides reliable connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) for IP SCADA and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. The 9502 terminal delivers affordable, global, end-to-end IP data connectivity enabling applications in industry sectors such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring, compressor monitoring, well site automation, video surveillance, and out-of-band management to primary site communications.
The low power consumption (<1 W idle) of the BGAN M2M 9502 modem makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites off the grid. This breakthrough provides end-to-end IP connectivity to power-challenged locations that rely upon solar battery arrays involving sensitive power budgets.
The 9502 modem includes 10 meters of RF cabling and antenna so the user can position the antenna remotely and away from the transceiver in complex installations while securing the SIM card inside a premise or enclosure to better protect against unauthorized use, theft, and vandalism. The antenna is 380mm x 380mm x 30mm.
While future firmware releases should be uncommon, any such modem update will qualify for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades saving customers time and money. When using the BGAN M2M terminal there is no connection charge (normal BGAN charge is 100K) and minimum CDRs is only 1K (normal BGAN charge is 10K).
Ethernet connection (RJ45)
USB–Type B for connection to configuration PC
RS-232 (DB9) to external NMEA 0183-based GNSS device (e.g., GLONASS receiver)
Optional Serial Port Adaptor
View a Case study
NIWA using the BGAN M2M 9502 modem http://youtu.be/j2XQoGcwShA
- Integrated IP Watchdog to ensure “always-on” network connectivity
- Auto-on | auto-context activation restores power and PDP connection to itself following loss of power and/or IP connection
- Remote control via SMS—remote management platform for command and control to the terminal using SMS, including configuration, debugging, and access to Web interface
- Low power consumption
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the connected RTU
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Optional Serial Port Adaptor designed for Inmarsat connectivity