|What procedure do I need to follow to download and start my Open AT application?
This months’ tech tip covers how to download, start and control your own Open AT applications, or application’s included with your product like WIP-Soft for the Q268x, Q26EX, and Fastrack Xtend; or the GR-Soft for the
Q64 which replicates 88% of the existing GR64 AT Commands.
To download & start using your Open AT application, there are two commands you need to know – AT+WDWL & AT+WOPEN Commands.
AT+WDWL command switches the serial port to download mode, where your Open AT application will be downloaded using 1K-Xmodem protocol. Firmware versions R74 & above, UART2 & USB port also supports AT+WDWL command.
AT+WOPEN command performs start, stop, delete, configuration & gets
information Open AT application.
The basic download procedure is as follows:
1) AT+WDWL: For windows machines, use Hyper Terminal & under
Transfer->Send Files choose 1K-Xmodem protocol.
2) AT+CFUN=1: Resets the modem
3) AT+WOPEN=1: Starts the application
4) AT+WOPEN=7: Check your application running state, If it returns
with +WOPEN: 7,12 then your application was started successfully.
If you would like to delete your Open AT Application you need to first stop the application from running on the wireless CPU then delete it as follows:
1) AT+WOPEN=0: Stops the application
2) AT+WOPEN=4: Delete the application from the wireless CPU