IBM and Libelium have joined efforts to offer a unique IPv6 development platform for sensor networks and M2M (Machine to Machine) | the Internet of Things (IoT).
By integrating the IBM Mote Runner SDK on top of Libelium Waspmote sensor platform we get a unique and powerful tool for developers and researchers interested in 6LoWPAN | IPv6 connectivity for the Internet of Things. This 6LoWPAN Development Platform suits developers with good programming skills.
This kit includes:
– 5x Waspmote Runner End Device
– 1x Waspmote Runner Gateway
– 1x Atmel AVR Programmer (with USB cable)
Features of the new Waspmote Mote Runner – 6LoWPAN Development Platform:
– Get IPv6 connectivity in each node
– 6LoWPAN stack source code available
– Program the nodes in Java and C#
– More than 60 sensors available to be used “off the shelf”
– Simulate thousand of motes working in the same network
A more comprehensive Waspmote Mote Runner Lab Kit is also available.
To read more about Waspmote Mote Runner click here.