Waspmote is an open source wireless sensor platform specially focused on the implementation of low consumption modes which allows the sensor nodes (“motes”) to be completely autonomous – battery powered.
Lifetime of Waspmote sensor nodes may go from 1 to 5 years depending on the duty cycle and the radio used.
Waspmote is based on a modular architecture. The idea is to integrate only the modules needed in each device optimising costs. For this reason all the modules (radios, sensor boards, etc) plug in Waspmote through sockets.
This kit includes:
– 1x Waspmote 802.15.4 PRO ufl
– 1x Waspmote Gateway 802.15.4 PRO ufl
– 1x 2300 mAh LiPo Battery
– 1x miniUSB Cable
The modules available for integration in Waspmote are categorised as follows:
– ZigBee | 802.15.4 modules (2.4GHz | 868MHz | 900MHz). Low and high power.
– GSM | 3G | GPRS Module (Quadband: 850MHz | 900MHz | 1800MHz |1900MHz)
– Sensor Modules (Sensor boards)
– Storage Module: SD Memory Card
– GPS Module