Melbourne, Australia – February 24, 2010: M2M Connectivity announces the launch of Sierra Wireless AirLink™ Fastrack Xtend programmable gateways, formerly known as Wavecom Fastrack Plug and Play mo
Melbourne, Australia – February 24, 2010: M2M Connectivity announces the launch of Sierra Wireless AirLink™ Fastrack Xtend programmable gateways, formerly known as Wavecom Fastrack Plug and Play modems.
The AirLink™ Fastrack Xtend (FXT) Series programmable gateways are from Sierra Wireless AirLink™ family of intelligent gateways and routers. The FXT Series programmable gateways bring together the former Wavecom Fastrack Supreme plug and play modems under the Sierra Wireless brand and into the industry’s broadest portfolio of products meeting OEMs, system integrators and network operators needs for cellular wireless connectivity. All products are available now from M2M Connectivity.
The FXT Series programmable gateways are available with feature sets ranging from modem-only functionality to fully programmable application hosting capability, and offer 3G/HSPA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and CDMA network connectivity.
Offering a highly extendable platform for the creation of a wide range of M2M solutions, the FXT Series programmable gateways are designed for external retrofits to existing non-wireless applications, or as a platform to create new wireless products.
The FXT Series programmable gateways have been designed to meet the unique requirements of the M2M market including segments such as automotive, transportation, energy, industrial, security, sales & payment, field service & logistics, and healthcare.
The AirLink™ Fastrack Xtend comes with both RS232 and USB interfaces and powered with an external supply or via USB if the optional battery is used. The GPRS, EDGE and HSPA versions feature a slot for adding expansion cards, enabling you to add extra functionalities. They also integrate a powerful CPU with an ARM9 32-bit, 26-104MHz core, and you can program it via any combination of AT commands, C/C++ and Lua, and are also compatible with the Sierra Wireless Software Suite for creating your entire application, enabling you to turn the AirLink Fastrack Xtend into your own standalone product.
The AirLink™ Fastrack Xtend Series includes:
• Fastrack Xtend HSPA Programmable Gateway: HSPA connectivity on 850, 1900 and 2100MHz frequencies, and Quad-band GPRS connectivity for 850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHZ frequency bands. The HSPA version provides twin antennae RX diversity.
• Fastrack Xtend GPRS Programmable Gateway: Quad-band GPRS connectivity for 850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHZ frequency bands.
• Fastrack Xtend EDGE Programmable Gateway: Quad-band EDGE connectivity for 850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHZ frequency bands.
• Fastrack Xtend CDMA 1xRTT Programmable Gateway: dual-band 800/1900MHz CDMA 2000 1xRTT voice and data connectivity.
• Fastrack Xtend Expansion Cards: The Fastrack Xtend’s open-standard expansion card interface enables you to add additional IO connectivity or features like GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee and more. Off-the-shelf expansion cards from Sierra Wireless include, GPS+IO Expansion making the Xtend a fully integrated GPS solution and additional IOs, and Ethernet Expansion making Back up the Ethernet connection of your serial devices with a wireless connection, or turn your Fastrack Xtend into an Ethernet – GPRS/EDGE/HSPA router.
Sierra Wireless Legacy Fastrack Supreme modems include the Sierra Wireless Fastrack Supreme 10 Fastrack Supreme 20 Plug & Play modems. Both ready to use modems that connect your application to the cellular network. It is designed to accommodate additional features thanks to its open standard Internal Expansion Socket (IESM). Wavecom has developed a variety of ready to use expansion modules, including the new IO, USB, GPS and Ethernet IESM and more are being developed. Developers are also free to design their own IESM boards/applications.
M2M Connectivity, as Sierra Wireless’s distributor in Australia and New Zealand, supplies the complete range of these products covering 3G/HSPA/NextG, GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and CDMA modems.
For more information contact M2M Connectivity at: