Melbourne, Australia – October 13, 2009: M2M Connectivity Pty. Ltd, Sierra Wireless’s Australian and New Zealand distributor for embedded modules, announces the availability of new firmware for the HSPA+ MC8700 module: MC8700 Telstra M184.108.40.206AP firmware. At the same time Telstra has approved this new version on its Next G network.
Designed for OEMs integrating mobile broadband capabilities into modems, terminals, routers and portable handheld devices, the new MC8700 takes advantage of the fastest mobile broadband networks available worldwide. Offering 21 Mbps peak download speeds and peak uplink speeds of up to 5.76 Mbps, this module enables OEM customers to expand their industrial and enterprise product development into applications requiring higher bandwidth, such as video monitoring.
The MC8700 modules also offer quad-band UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+ and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE network access for roaming worldwide. From point-of-sale devices to ruggedized laptops, the MC8700 will turn hardware devices into powerful communications tools.
* Peak downlink speeds up to 21 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
* World class product performance, quality and reliability
* Solid documentation, tool development and consultation services
* Solid support for device integration and verification
* Comprehensive SDK and enabling software
* Flexible driver strategy with NDIS support and non-NDIS abilities
The MC8700 is now available from M2M Connectivity.
For more information contact M2M Connectivity at: