M2M Connectivity Pty Ltd Sierra Wireless’s Australian and New Zealand distributor for embedded modules, today announced the expansion
M2M Connectivity Pty Ltd Sierra Wireless’s Australian and New Zealand distributor for embedded modules, today announced the expansion of the Sierra Wireless product portfolio with the new MC8785v embedded module for HSUPA networks with added voice, GPS and Serial (UART) functionality. It also offers receive diversity to help connect in low signal strength areas.
With the MC8785v operating on an HSUPA network, customers will be able to transmit data at speeds of up to 2 megabits per second (Mbps) with downlink speeds up to 7.2 Mbps. This improvement in uplink speed creates opportunities for a variety of new services such as video surveillance, digital signage, and mobile hotspots
The PCI module format provides a quick and low cost way to keep products up-to-date. Developers already working with the current MC8775v HSDPA can simply replace the module with minimal redevelopment effort.
• Peak downlink speed up to 7.2 Mbps / peak uplink speed up to 2.0 Mbps
• Upgradeable to 5.76 Mbps on uplink (subject to network approval)
• Uses MSM7200A™ chipset from QUALCOMM
• Excellent documentation, tool development and consultation services
• Flexible driver strategy with NDIS support and non-NDIS abilities
The MC8785V is commercially available. For more information please contact M2M Connectivity at: