EOL Notice – NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC8801 provides wide-area wireless data access on the fastest HSPA networks in the world, enabling speeds up to 42Mbps on the downlink. The MC8801 intelligent embedded module is the first dual carrier module from Sierra Wireless. Ideal for networking OEM applications, the MC8801 provides UMTS/HSPA and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE network access to enable roaming on high-speed networks around the world and includes support for GPS. Like all of our MC series modules, the MC8801 is built to the PCI Express Mini Card form factor.
Dual-channel HSPA+ doubles the speeds of current HSPA+ networks from a peak downlink of 21 megabits per second (Mbps) to 42 Mbps, at the same time improving network efficiency and providing a better experience for customers with more consistent network performance.
- 3G/Dual Channel HSPA+
- Dual carrier HSPA+ with peak downlink speeds up to 42 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
- Support for GPS including, Standalone, Assisted and gpsOneXtra with Dedicated GPS connector
- High-speed, broadband connectivity
- Best-in-class technical and integration support
- Antenna diversity for improved fringe performance
- Quad-band for global connectivity