Waspmote Bluetooth Low Energy
The Bluetooth 4.0 wireless protocol, also known as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or Bluetooth Smart is integrated with Waspmote.
BLE offers low-energy power management for short-range wireless connectivity that is location-aware, and context-aware. Libelium’s BLE module allows sensor devices to function as real time location systems, with encrypted data transactions.
Libelium’s Waspmote BLE module broadcasts data advertisements, or iBeacons, that allow sensor data to be transmitted without the need of a previous pairing process. BLE allows any device to connect to the Internet with a smartphone or tablet that bridges data to the Cloud through the Wi-Fi or 3G radio available in the mobile device.
Waspmote radio protocol interfaces —including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, 802.15.4, 3G, GPRS—can be switch between any two of these technologies as needed.
- Send broadcast advertisements (iBeacons)
- Connect to other BLE devices as Master / Slave
- Connect with Smartphones and Tablets
- Set automatic cycles sleep / transmission
- Calculate distance using RSSI values
- Perfect for indoor location networks (RTLS)
Read Libelium’s Bluetooth Technical Guide here.
- Protocol: Bluetooth v.4.0 | Bluetooth Smart
- RX Sensitivity: -103dBm
- TX Power: [-23dBM, + 3dBm]
- Consumption: Sleep mode (0.4uA) | RX (8mA) | TX (36mA)