Melbourne, Australia – May 20, 2010: M2M Connectivity, distributors of a full range of leading cellular and satellite modules and modems for wireless machine-to-machine (“M2M”) communications in Australia and New Zealand will be exhibiting at CeBIT on the 24th to the 26th May, 2010. M2M Connectivity will be on Stand D35 with new products and scheduled demonstrations of Sierra Wireless ‘s services and products, 3G/Next G data transmission and Tracertrak on the Globalstar Simplex Satellite network.
Demonstrations of Sierra Wireless’s AirVantage™ Services Platform
Demonstration by: Benoit Boujou of Sierra Wireless
Demonstration Times: Monday 24th May – 2:00pm
Tuesday 25th May – 11:00am
Benoit Boujou of Sierra Wireless will be introducing the AirVantage™ Services Platform which offers network operators, system integrators and solution providers a more efficient and cost effective way to develop, deploy, support and manage M2M services.
This informative demonstration will cover:
• Device Management: remotely manage and view diagnostics from the remote Sierra Wireless communications device
• Asset Management: monitor and control an electricity meter, showing the ability to view live current consumption data, and remotely switch off/on lighting
• Web Services: connect data from the electricity meter through web API to Google Widgets and Twitter
The Sierra Wireless AirVantage™ Services Platform consists of:
• Operating Portal: scalable, secure and open platform with comprehensive M2M services to easily manage your M2M and consumer connected devices.
• Developer Suite: simple, intuitive and powerful set of tools that allow those new to M2M as well as experts to manage embedded development, Operating Portal configuration and innovative web services development. It is compatible with multiple operating systems, enabling you to choose your communication device.
• Web APIs: to connect web-based custom applications and widgets to device data
• Ready Agent: ready-to-use and open, embedded agent connects a wide range of devices to the Operating Portal
Sierra Wireless’s AirVantage™ Services Platform offers:
• High level services and powerful tools from embedded software to web APIs to build innovative end-user applications
• Hosting of your services for worldwide deployment at secure data centers, providing 24/7 backed-up operations
• AirVantage technical experts to provide assistance to help operators and M2M solution providers bring M2M solutions to market faster and more cost effectively
Demonstration of real-time control using packet data on the NextG network
Demonstration by: Greig Jacobsen & Mario Galea of eState Automation
Demonstration Times: Wednesday 26th May – 11:00am
EState Automation will be demonstrating real-time control using packet data on the NextG network via the Sierra Wireless MC8790V modem.
Presenting a pair of controllers connected via NextG, one controller will manage a keyboard and the other will be connected to an electronic mini-organ. Any keys pressed on the primary controller will be transmitted to the secondary, enabling a tune to be played remotely.
As it is difficult to understand delays of “milliseconds”, this demonstration helps with the understanding and the feel of transmission times, as any interruption of the correct music tempo is apparent to most people.
Tracertrak Demonstrations on Globalstar Simplex Satellite Network
Topic: Monitoring of Assets & Personnel
Demonstration by: Kenneth Kuan from Pivotel Satellite
Demonstration Times: Monday 24th May – 11:00am
Tuesday 25th May – 3:00pm
Demonstrations of the Tracertrak portal will be conducted from M2M Connectivity’s stand.
The demonstration will cover:
• accessing, viewing and configuration of the devices that are used to monitor either assets or personnel
• show the types of alarms and alerts to view
• refine searches or reconfigure the alarms to suit to end user requirements.
The MMT and SX1 are simple satellite tracking devices that can be used with the Tracertrak solution.
For more information please contact M2M Connectivity.
CeBIT Stand D35