The 3G | GPRS module for Waspmote allows sensor networks and M2M | IoT devices to connect to the Cloud by using high speed WCDMA and HSPA cellular networks in the same way as Smartphones do. This makes it possible for sensor nodes to send not only discrete sensor information such as temperature or humidity (which can be encoded using just a single number) but also complex streams of information such as photos and videos. This feature allows developers the creation of new Smart Security applications.
- Tri-Band: UMTS 2100| 1900 | 900MHz
- Quad-Band: GSM | EDGE, 850 | 900 | 1800 | 1900 MHz
- Downlink up to 7.2Mbps Uplink up to 5.76Mbps
- Videocall, record video and take pictures with Video Camera Sensor Board
- Support microSD card up to 32GB
- 64MB of internal storage space
- MS-assisted (A-GPS), MS-based (S-GPS) or Stand-alone GPS positioning