No single technology or solution is ideally suited to all the different potential massive IoT applications, market situations and spectrum availability.
About LTE High Speed
(up to Cat 18)
- LTE is ideal for M2M and IoT applications including those that require video/data streaming and providing primary internet connections
- Offers speeds from around of 10 Mb/s downlink and 5 Mb/s uplink. For Cat 1 all the way up to 1.2 Gb downlink /211 Mb uplink at Cat 18
About LTE Cat M1
- One of two LPWA standards over LTE, LTE Cat M1 provides a low power broad coverage connection with speeds of up to 1Mb downlink/uplink, ful mobility and support for VoLTE voice.
- Cat M1 is ideal for IoT /M2M applications needing to send more than bytes of data per session/day
About LTE NB-IoT
- This LPWA LTE standard is designed specifically for static IoT applications for indoor and very wide area coverage, with long battery life. It is suitable for applications sending very little data per session/month (think of SMS message size sent a few times per day) It does not support mobile applications.
- Data throughput is very low at around 26 kbit/s downlink
- 5G (fifth generation) is the latest cellular technology being rolled out by Australian / NZ operators.
- High speed 5G offers far higher download speeds and lower latency than LTE, opening up new markets for wireless.
- In Australia all three networks are rolling out 5G (Telstra using bands N5/N78/ (850 and 3500 MHz), Optus using N40/78 (2300/3500 MHz) and Vodafone using N28/N78 (700/3500 MHz).
- The 5G standard also incorporates LTE Cat M1 and NB-IoT as IoT components of 5G giving those technologies very long life in market (at least until 2035) for IoT roll-outs.
Delivering Unbreakable Connectivity
Peplink Range - Now Available! Peplink provides a complete SD-WAN solution; including edge routers which can connect multiple fixed or cellular WAN links at the same time.
"3G Shutdown - Is your IoT application protected?"
Telstra have announced the shutdown of 3G by 2024. Without action now, systems that you rely on to run your business may not work after this date.
M2M and Bio2Lab IoT partnership helps EPA Victoria improve waterway health
Customer Story - Combining their expertise with M2M Connectivity, as their lead technology partner, has recently seen them achieve a breakthrough – helping Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA) tackle pollutants impacting Merlynston Creek, which connects to the Yarra River.
Why M2M Connectivity?
We specialise in IoT connectivity for Smart Cities, Smart Utilities, Asset Tracking, Agriculture, Security and emergency applications.. and more.
From hardware to solutions – we help businesses to design, deploy and manage their connectivity requirements.
We have deep engineering expertise in IoT – who ensure you have the best fit soluton for your business.
We partner with worlds best carrier and technology vendors, to meet a broad range of industry use cases.
Do you have a project in mind?
Need some guidance on your next project? Or just simply want to know where to get started incorporating M2M/IoT technology into your business?
Use our contact form to submit your questions and one of our team of M2M/IoT experts will get back to you with more information.