The client had over 450 mobile workers, who were at risk from:
- Disgruntled clients whose claims may be rejected
- Unknown and unsafe work sites
- Lending staff who may be at risk while in domestic homes by unknown sex offenders
- Staff in Transit from location to location
The client required the following:
- Location of the user, in the event they had not signed off for the day
- Location of the user upon alarm activation
- Open 2-way voice communications to the device in the event of an alarm
- Ability to interface with their existing Security Monitoring Centre, which had no tracking system experience
- Ability to move the system from one Security Monitoring Provider if service levels were deemed inadequate
- A product that would grow with their ongoing needs.
Project Roll Out
The project required 450 EGIS units, with an off-site and secure Cloud-based dedicated SQL server running Pegasus, with an IP link to their nominated control room.
This implementation was rolled out and commissioned to the client in 4 weeks, with pre-loading of asset details and phone numbers.
At a national level, a workplace facilitator was engaged to perform EGIS device training for the relevant staff.
Cost saving to client
- The client now has a reliable means of knowing where their employees are – the product has indirectly kept staff more honest about their daily work appointments
- More importantly, in the event of an emergency there is a mechanism to assist field workers
- It has also resulted in greater work productivity, as staff don’t need to visit the office as often
- In addition, less high-rise office space is required, resulting in a significant cost saving
Want to know more?
Contact us directly to find out how we can assist with your Security, Surveillance or Asset Tracking application.