Hughes Inmarsat 9502-1 Integrated BGAN Modem
Hughes has launched the world’s most advanced, all-IP, BGAN machine-to-machine satellite terminal with integrated antenna and highest IP-66 ingress protection industry rating for outdoor installation.
Introduced as an alternative to the external antenna version of the 9502, this product integrates the 9502 modem with a compact antenna to create a single-piece, integrated, rugged terminal to withstand the most extreme weather conditions.
Providing reliable IP connectivity over the Inmarsat Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN), it includes backup and out-of-band management to primary site communications—ideal for SCADA and unattended sites equipped for machine-to-machine (M2M) applications such as environmental monitoring, SmartGrid, pipeline monitoring/ control, compressor monitoring/control, well site automation and surveillance.
Its exceptional low power consumption (<1W idle) makes it possible to provide end-to-end IP connectivity to sites “off-the- grid” which enables “always on” IP connectivity to power-challenged locations which rely upon solar-battery arrays with limited power budgets.
Installation is simplified as there is no need to remotely package the transceiver inside a standalone NEMA enclosure.
- Modem qualifies for no charge over-the-air (OTA) upgrades
- BGAN M2M – no minimum connection charges, billing in 1kbyte increments
- IP watchdog function
- Remote control via SMS provides management platform for command and control to the terminal
- Ultra-low power consumption: Idle: < 1W / Transmit: < 20W / Receive: < 3W
- Relay mode passes WAN IP address to the RTU
- Built-in GPS receiver