Robustel R5020 5G Router
The R5020 5G Router is Robustel’s first 5G-capable router supporting global 5G, 4G and 3G bands.
The R5020 5G Router leverages the tried-and-tested high performance CPU platform and RobustOS – a mature and stable Operating System developed in-house by Robustel. R5020 is compatible with 3GPP Release 15 and is designed for use by the following applications:
In-vehicle applications: Whether it is passenger wifi, CCTV debrief, ticketing or a similar “onboard” requirement, the R5020 offers a simple and effective solution to increase internet speeds and future-proof current installations. The R5020 has achieved E-Mark certification for in-vehicle use, and supports GNSS positioning. A version with vehicle ignition sensing is available to protect vehicle batteries when the engine is off.
Broadband Failover: The R5020 5G Router can be configured to use Ethernet or Wifi as primary internet and failover to 4G/5G in the event of an outage. This can help to provide resilience to outlets such as shops and small offices at a reasonable cost, and provide sufficient bandwidth for multiple users. IPSEC, DMVPN and Open VPN protocols can be used for connections into core networks.
Primary Broadband: Cellular networks can now provide unlimited 5G tariffs at very reasonable prices, offering hundreds of Mbps internet over the air. For many, a chance to cut the cables and use a wireless internet connection can be technically or commercially favourable.
- Global 5G/4G/3G cellular connections
- Supports Ethernet, Wifi and 4G/5G internet with auto-failover
- Very cost-effective industrial 5G router solution
- Fully programmable Operating System with well documented SDK
- Multiple VPN options available including DMVPN & IPSEC
- GNSS, ignition sense & E-mark make R5020 ideal for vehicles
- Free cloud management platform – RCMS
- Robust metal enclosure with small footprint – DIN-rail + wall mount options