Designed in an M.2 form factor, the EM9291 is compatible with Sierra Wireless’s EM9191 module for a simple upgrade path to get the latest standards compliance and bands, as well as the EM7690 module to help facilitate the migration and differentiation between 4G LTE and 5G.
This 5G NR Sub-6 GHz embedded module delivers up to 4.9Gbps downlink speed and 660Mbps uplink speed. With automatic 4G and 3G fallback networks and integrated GNSS receiver (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo satellite systems supported), the EM9291 is applicable to a wide range of IoT applications such as industrial routers, home gateways, industrial and consumer laptops, rugged tablet PCs, video surveillance and digital signage.
- Embedded SIM to simplify and add flexibility to IoT deployments. Carrier profile, M2M eUICC, and consumer eUICC are available based on customer use case
- GNSS receiver enables tracking and location-based services with dual L1 and L5 bands for increased accuracy
- Dual SIM single standby (DSSS) switches between networks quickly to stay connected
- Prevent unauthorized code on the target to keep your connectivity secure
- Tested for harsh environments and extreme temperatures