The EM9191 module is part of the EM Series offering global 5G connectivity. Designed in an M.2 form factor, the EM9191 is compatible with Sierra Wireless’s EM9190 module for a simple upgrade path to mmWave, as well as the EM7690 module to help facilitate the migration and differentiation between 4G LTE and 5G.
This 5G NR Sub-6 GHz embedded module delivers up to 4.5Gbps downlink speed and 660Mbps uplink speed. With automatic 4G and 3G fallback networks and integrated GNSS receiver (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo satellite systems supported), the EM9191 is applicable to a wide range of IoT applications such as industrial routers, home gateways, industrial and consumer laptops, rugged tablet PCs, video surveillance and digital signage.
- CBRS: Certified by the FCC for CBRS private networks to provide reliability, security, flexibility, and cost savings
- Global: Worldwide coverage on a single module with industry and mobile network certifications to get you to market faster
- Onboard SIM: Embedded SIM to simplify and add flexibility to IoT deployments. Carrier profile, M2M eUICC, and consumer eUICC are available based on customer use case
- Location Services: GNSS receiver enables tracking and location-based services with dual L1 and L5 bands for increased accuracy
- Enhanced Coverage: Dual SIM single standby (DSSS) switches between networks quickly to stay connected
- FOTA Upgrades: Firmware over-the-air (FOTA) upgrades future-proof deployments and keep them secure
- Secure Boot: Prevent unauthorised code on the target to keep your connectivity secure
- Industrial-Grade: Tested for harsh environments and extreme temperatures